Sunday, March 28, 2021

Sunday Update

 I skipped last week because I didn’t have a lot of progress to show.


I have completed the words on my Psalm 23 piece and it seems to be moving along pretty quickly. I still recite the Psalm daily to make sure I can remember it.  I plan to hang this in my bedroom where I can see it from my side of the bed.


Next is the Noah quilt. I sewed the binding on, but still have a few areas that need quilting.


If I were to never get back to it, at least it’s usable. 🤣 I do plan to finish hand quilting it. This is going to be my lap quilt, made for me. 


I’m sharing one of our favorite recipes from a Taste of Home cookbook. It’s a freezer recipe cookbook and the instructions tell you how to make one meatloaf and freeze one. I make one big meatloaf and we always have leftovers which are delicious. This is on our menu for today.


I’m showing off my new tulips that I planted this past fall. Aren’t they gorgeous?

I hope your  Spring is beautiful and pray that things are looking up for all of us!


I’m linking to Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. Click to see what others are working on this week.

12 comments:

  1. I skipped last week too. =) Your 23rd Psalm turned out wonderfully and as for the Noah quilt, isn't it adorable. Looks like spring is putting on a lovely show. Love those tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely! I admire your quilting projects. Also the tulips are gorgeous. It's something to plant a bulb and later it blooms such pretty flowers. I'm looking forward to our irises to bloom soon.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching, and I love the Noah quilt. I love meat loaf, and love the leftovers! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tulips mine are still in bud I can't wait for them to open. Your psalm is lovely and I love the Noah Quilt. Thank you for the meatloaf recipe it looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of reading the 23rd Psalm everyday and having it in sight every day. you are making good progress on all your projects. I bet that meatloaf is delicious! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 23rd Psalm is amazing; you have made a lot of progress and your Noah's quilt look so pretty. A Noah's Ark quilt and cross stitch is still on my bucket list. Our tulips have not started blooming yet. Yours are stunning- love the colors of them. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made great progress on your Psalm 23 embroidery. I noticed that you finished also the crossstitch border. Noah's quilt is so cute. Gourgeous tulips, enjoy your Spring days

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work and your tulips are sure pretty,
    I recite the 23rd Psalm several times a week!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. I was surprised when I realized I could no longer recite it. I’ve forgotten a lot of verses through the years. 😢

      Delete
  9. Everything looks wonderful. Yum on the meatloaf and the tulips are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you're making great progress on all your hand stitching! It's fun to see tulips - mine haven't bloomed yet, but I'm sure ready for them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you tell me which Taste of Home freezer cookbook you use? I am looking for lots of freezer recipes right now to stock up for my mother. We usually like the Taste of home recipes. Your Psalm 23 is really moving along. It will be done in no time. I love your variegated tulips!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!