I only seem to blog in spells, so today you get TWO! This is my little kitchen table with my fall arrangement for decoration. I also have a huge oak pedestal base table with six chairs, that I tried to fit into this small space when we bought the house. Needless to say, it didn't work. (that table now resides in storage) We bought this one several months ago and I just love its little farm table style. The drawer on the side is a real working drawer, but I don't have anything in it yet. I guess I could store napkins in it. Happy Fall!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Posted by Little Penpen at 5:24 PM 4 comments:
My new kitchen pig
This is my latest "pig" addition to my kitchen. I found this little mobile at TJ Maxx last week. (my favorite store) It was in the clearance section for only $3.00. It had a huge ugly copper sphere thing hanging from it, but that was easily removed before I hung it. I never really had a thing for pigs, but ever since we moved into this house about three years ago, I had wanted something to display over my kitchen cabinets. One day while in TJ Maxx I found my first two pigs, decided they would fit nicely in the space, and have been collecting ever since. I need about 5-6 more to fill up the rest of the space, but half the fun is in searching for them!
Posted by Little Penpen at 4:52 PM 3 comments:
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Happy Fall Y'all
I love the Fall season! I put my little scarecrow door decoration out this week. This is the third year I've used him, which is unusual for me. I usually get tired of things before that. Either I like him or I'm getting too old to bother. We'll just say I like him. I usually put out other things with this arrangement, but decided to go simple this year... just the scarecrow, nothing else! If you look into the reflection of the door, you get to see the view from my front door. Happy Fall!
Posted by Little Penpen at 8:34 AM 9 comments:
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Home Sweet Home
I am home today and plan to enjoy being here all day! By that, I mean I have plans NOT to leave the house today. It is such a treat for me to be able to manage my day without leaving the house. Some of you know that my goal is one day, in the very near future, to be able to stop working outside the home and be a full time HOUSEWIFE! Yes, I said it.... housewife.... there is nothing wrong with that term and nothing wrong with being one!
Today I plan to pretend that I am one. My goals for today:
1. Clean up the porch area you see in the picture. It has been so hot that we have really neglected our patio. It is nice outside this morning, so this will be my first project.
2. Wash blankets, shower curtains, etc. and hang on the clothesline to dry outside today.
3. Shampoo the carpet.... AGAIN. These new little puppies are really working on the carpet. Yes, new carpet IS in my future!
4. Cook! This is something I don't do too much of these days. I plan to cook a pot of dried beans, potato salad, meatloaf, cornbread, and I may even bake something yummy today.
5. Decorate my front porch. The fern is just about dead and I am going to move everything and put out my fall decorations for the porch.
6. I may bring out my fall decorations for my livingroom. I have a pumpkin garland that I decorate my mantel with and have two spooky portraits of a Sea Captain and his wife that I use. (spooky, according to my family.... gorgeous to me!) I have a picture somewhere in one of my earlier posts.
7. Laundry, of course. There is always laundry to do.
8. I hope to semi-organize my pie safe. I have a pie safe that I use as pantry storage and it is very hard to find anything in there right now. I hope to get to that today.
9. I'll admit I have someone who cleans the house for me every other week. This is a luxury that I afford myself since I do work full time. However, there are little things that she doesn't do, that I hope to work on today. I think I will enjoy cleaning my own house again when I become a full time housewife!
10. Last, but not least, I do plan to get my daily nap in, too. This is something I wish I didn't do, but I can hardly make it through the day without one. When I'm at work, I always head for the coffee machine at 3:00.... my usual nap time!
Posted by Little Penpen at 9:20 AM 7 comments:
Thursday, September 13, 2007
What makes you smile?
Do you have little things around your house that are there for you... just you.... because they make you smile? This is one of my little smile makers for myself. I made the basket years ago and bought the two raggedy heads at a shop where my daughter works. Having no idea what I would do with those two heads, I just placed them inside the basket and hung them on my laundry room door. They've been there for over a year now and still make me smile when I stop to look at them.
Posted by Little Penpen at 5:17 PM 3 comments:
Labels: raggedy ann
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Where were you?
Where were you and what were you doing when the 9-11 terror struck? I'm sure none of us will ever forget that day. I was sitting at my desk at work, when my friend, Mike, who sat next to me, received the phone call. His daughter called to tell him what was happening on the news. He reported it to us and shortly thereafter reported the second attack. Not having a television in the office, we drove up to a nearby patient's home and watched the news with the patient and his sitter. May God continue to bless our nation and all those whose lives were changed that day. Where were you that day?
Posted by Little Penpen at 9:10 PM 4 comments:
Saturday, September 8, 2007
A day at the farm
Today we went out to a nearby farm for their annual Farm Fest. This was the first time we had ever attended, but had always wanted to visit with them. I guess you would call their farm a "fiber" farm, as they raise animals for wool production. Of course, they also sell their meat products, as they were selling lamb cuts today. I ate my first ever lamb burger, which was very very good. We also had ice cream from a local dairy and a wonderful slice of homemade coconut cake. This view is only a portion of their home and I wish I had taken a picture of the whole house. There were so many people around that it would have been difficult to photograph the house without them in the picture. It was very hot today, but a lovely day on the farm.
Posted by Little Penpen at 3:44 PM 4 comments:
A day at the farm
This lady was one of the vendors and she was deomonstrating her spinning skill. If you look closely, you can see the beautiful angora rabbits in the cage beside her. These are animals she raises to shear for her products.
Posted by Little Penpen at 3:42 PM No comments:
A day at the farm
The farm was a very clean farm and it was easy to see that these people take great care of their animals. The sheep were beautiful!
Posted by Little Penpen at 3:39 PM 2 comments:
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
I borrowed this picture from a "pumpkin lady's" website, but just love the little dachshund she carved. Our newest family addition is a little dachshund named Sweet Pea and she is such a baby girl! She sleeps with me every night and cries if she is not in my lap most of the day. Yes, it gets annoying, but she is our precious baby.
We also have a shih tzu puppy named "Butterbean." He isn't as loving as his little sister is right now, but he is coming around. Last night he jumped in the bed with us to sleep for the first time ever. So there we were.... me, my husband, and two dogs in a queen size bed. We both agreed this morning that we need to upgrade to a king size bed soon.
Now, my mom thinks I'm crazy to have gone dog crazy all of a sudden. I have always been a lot like her in that I did not want any animals in the house. My 20 year old daughter has always loved dogs and has wanted one inside the house forever. We had tried with a couple of dogs through the years, but it never worked out. I can't believe my daughter has talked me into having TWO dogs now.
**Either I'm getting soft in my old age or I am absolutely losing my mind, for I do love my new dog babies!**
Posted by Little Penpen at 3:53 PM 7 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)