Sunday, March 14, 2021

Making slow stitch progress

 I have accumulated several new  hand stitching projects (how does that happen?) so I’m trying to steadily work on this one. I refuse to start a new project until I can finish this Psalm 23 piece and the Noah quilt. 


I’ve been aiming for at least one hour a day, usually in the evenings while watching tv, to work on this piece. I really enjoy these vintage stamped embroideries. 

I didn’t do a lot to the Noah quilt this past week, but I’m moving it to the top of the list for this week.


I almost took this tired little wreath down this week. It was dusty and lifeless and just plain ole “blah” to me.  


I cleaned it up and added some apples, and have now decided I like it again.  A friend made this for me several years ago and I think I’ll enjoy it a few more years.


Do you decorate for Easter? I really don’t, but my sister in law sent pictures of her cute decor throughout her house. It sparked me to find my rabbit and put this little arrangement on my dining room table. 


After I took the first picture, I put the white egg inside this little crochet chicken egg cover. I didn’t make the chicken, but would if I knew how. ☺️ I found it at a thrift store this past week.


I just love all the granny crafts! 

I’m linking up to Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. Click on the link to visit others and see what their busy hands are working on today.

19 comments:

  1. I don't decorate very much but I do put out a bunny and basket of eggs. I know some who go out for the holidays not sure where they store it all I'm getting to old to climb up into the attic hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your little Easter display. I have one storage box of Easter decor that I have to get out and start emptying. Your Psalm piece is really progressing. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I used to decorate inside and outside. Not anymore...for one, I don't have the space to
    store it all. And I'm getting too old to mess with it. And there is no one who
    appreciate it either. I might add a bunny for Easter this year. We'll see.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put out a little basket with some eggs and a few thing I made, this year I'm stitching up a few fabric bunnies, here is a link to crochet a similar chicken egg cozy it's a free pattern
    http://delights-gems.blogspot.com/2011/02/easter-egg-cozies.html#.YE47wdwpBPY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Deb! Those are so cute. I don’t really know how to crochet, so I’ll just have to keep on the hunt at thrift stores for mine! 🤣

      Delete
  5. So fun to see your decorations! I used to have a lot when the kids were young, but over the years I don't know where they have travelled to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not decorate much, except at christmas. Love that you are committed to finishing your current projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decorate a bit. I need to get my stuff out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little crochet chicken egg cover is so cute. We don't decorate for Easter, but I did see some chicken potholders that were crocheted the other day on Etsy and they were so cute. It made me want one. Here is a link if you want to see them: https://www.etsy.com/listing/936242668/chicken-potholder-easter-decor-farmhouse?ref=hp_rv-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those chicken potholders too!!!! Thanks for sharing the link!

      Delete
  9. I do not decorete for Easter, but always there are chocolate eggs
    Cute crochet chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Psalm 23 embroidery looks labor intensive, but will be quite a keepsake when you're finished with it! It is fun to get out Easter decorations - I haven't done that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Easter decorating here, but we do enjoy eating Hot Cross buns! Your little.e wreath looks nice with the additions of the red apples, as you say, now you can enjoy it for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here in Australia, we don't really decorate for Easter, though I scatter a few things around. Your Psalm 23 is coming along beautifully; so much stitching there. Watching TV at night is the perfect time to enjoy the stitching of this pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Psalm 23 embroidery is looking great. I picked up an embroidery project this past week too. You will get it completed in no time if you continue stitching on it at least 1 hour a night. I do decorate for Easter. The grandkids love it and lol I do too. Love your egg cozy- super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do a tiny bit of Easter decorating but not much since it is just the two of us here.
    Your additions to the wreath made a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adding those rosy apples to your wreath definitely lifts it and gives it a new lease of life! I do a little decoratong for Easter , the odd crochet and felt bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the reminder! I just put the computer down and went to find some bunnies to put out. I don't do much. I am sewing and cross stitching a few smalls that I want to put in a bowl or basket. Good job on your perseverence with your projects. I'm trying to do better about that..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your decorations. I've done a poor job of decorating for holiday's other than Christmas. I love how you added the apples to that wreath. The 23 Psalm is going to be beautiful when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!