Monday, January 7, 2008

I love Monday!

I love Monday... well, every other Monday, that is! After I work my required "every other" weekend, I'm off work on Monday and Tuesday. I love that Monday morning feeling after a 36 hour weekend of working! I get to wake up when I feel like it, I can lounge around in my gown, drink my coffee, catch up on everyone's blog, read all my email, and think about the long "free" day I have ahead of me! Yay! for every other Monday! Okay, while you are here, let me show you this pretty little rolling pin I bought at a local consignment shop last week. Isn't it wonderful? I only paid $5 for it, which I thought was a good buy. I hope to find a hanger for it to use near my green china cabinet.
This is a hand beater that I was blessed to receive after my grandfather died. It belonged to him and my grandmother and I am happy to own it now. When the kids were little, they enjoyed beating their eggs with it from time to time. I am thankful for electric mixers, but this is really fun to use sometimes. Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your birthday wishes, and for thinking of me yesterday! I'm glad you enjoy my writing and I'm happy that you have a free day today! I wish I did! Haha. Today is a wake up tired, cold, longgggg kinda day for me. But I'm happy, because I get to see "fiance" tonight =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your wonderful Monday off. I'm fixing out the door to take mama up to have her finger pricked.. she told me she felt better Sat than she had in a long time.. yesterday was good too, so maybe she's in an upswing!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rolling pin and beater. My Mama has one of those hand beaters. I would like to own one of those beaters to use some times instead of getting out a mixer! Have a great couple of days. I'M AT WORK AGAIN!!!! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny, hope you are having a great Monday. What a neat rolling pin and a good price too. I especially like your hand beater and the sweet memories that it hold. Have a nice evening and a happy day tomorrow. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. The comment you left on Lori's blog about putting the weinie dog in a carrier made me laugh out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!