Sunday, May 23, 2021

May 2021

 I started blogging again as a way to keep a record of my sewing projects. I didn’t want to bore everyone with my ongoing cross stitch sampler, so I dropped out for a few weeks. ☺️


Here it is... one more time... finished! I won’t make you look at it again until it’s framed. I’m a tightwad and want to frame it myself to save money, but also for the experience. If that doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll splurge on professional framing. Stay tuned.


I played around with a quilted pillow sham and made these little bowl fillers. Now that I have them, I don’t quite know what to do with them. I enjoy making little things, but then the clutter gets on my nerves. 😂


Speaking of hoarding....I mean, clutter.... I bought this old quilt from a thrift store last week. I think it’s gorgeous. I have it folded on the back of a rocking chair, where it brings me a lot of joy.


I’ve been trimming more dishcloths. The crochet edge makes them just a bit cute, I think. 


Our daily entertainment these days, is this guy. It is a stray cat that we’ve been feeding out by our barn. We haven’t petted it yet, but we are getting closer and closer to it. In this picture, it had climbed the fence into our backyard, and was drinking from the bird bath. It’s just another simple joy in my life.


This is just one of our many beautiful sunsets that we have enjoyed lately. With all the craziness in this world, these sunsets remind me that God is still good and He is still in control. May you feel His peace in your life, too.


3 comments:

  1. I love your sampler. One of the patterns I saved from 35+ years ago is a 23rd Psalm sampler--but a different one.
    I used to frame all of my cross-stitch myself. There was no way I could afford professional framing. Now I don't know for sure if I would remember how I did it. :)
    That is a gorgeous quilt--I love the purple chains!!
    The cat does look pretty amusing.
    And the sunset is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross stitch came out beautiful. I love the bowl fillers. That quilt looks lovely from the thrift store. The dish towlels look really cute. The cat is cute and I love the sunset. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work and the quilt you got at the thrift store are just wonderful. I found you from Cheryl's Frugal Corner. Thank you so much for for feeding the stray kitty. I'm so thankful there are caring people like you. AND, so thankful that God is in control, even in this crazy, crazy world.
    Blessings~
    Mary from San Diego

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!