Sunday, May 30, 2021

Goodbye to May

 Even though I’ve been busy, I don’t have much sewing to show this week.


I used an online tutorial to make a pillowcase dress for Annabelle. Her mom bought her one recently that has become one of her favorite dresses. I hemmed it last night and will wait for a photo to see if it’s anywhere close to fitting her. The good thing about these dresses is that they are totally adjustable. 


We hung curtains in the dining room! We’ve been in our house for five years and it was about time. I love the way they look in here. I saw these particular curtains on an Instagram friend’s post and she told me they were from Target. I quickly found them online and they were here within 3-4 days. I love online shopping!


Hubby and I have really enjoyed the birds, squirrels, and neighborhood cats this year. There’s a lot that goes on outside, even when we aren’t looking! We are making an effort to watch them more. Notice the butterfly reflector decals on my glass door. The hummingbirds kept flying and bumping into the door, so these were added for their safety. I hope they work!

I started picking through my fabric scraps last night to make something red white and blue. I’ve seen so many cute Americana displays online that include mini patriotic quilts. I’m hoping to try out one of my “new to me” sewing machines this week with that project. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 

Have a safe Memorial Day and always remember those who died so that we can live free!!

9 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun and summery pillowcase dress.
    Isn't it funny what we become accustomed to and don't even think about the improvements we might like until we see someone else do them? The curtains look very nice. And online shopping is wonderful when you know just what you want and where to get it!
    I like the idea of the butterfly decals. We have problems with birds flying into our solarium windows. I'll be curious to know if you think it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope the decals work. It hurts my heart when I heard the thud against the glass.

      Delete
  2. The little dress is adorable. The curtains really look nice.
    What a good idea on the butterflies window decals. My hummingbirds just started back this weekend.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your hummers!! I’ve actually had two come inside my house when I had the door propped open for my dog!!! Thankfully, they both buzzed back out quickly!

      Delete
  3. That dress is adorable and the curtains look great! I've been enjoying the bunnies in the yard since Skye is gone. I give them some organic carrots. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so cute. Your dining room is beautiful. I really like the new curtains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda! She got the dress in the mail yesterday and tried it on for me via FaceTime. It hung on her like a sack!!🤣🤣 I told her to sleep in it.

      Delete
  5. The dress is so cute! I see your reply to the comment above, but maybe she will grow into it. If she brings the first dress in person, you might be able to duplicate it! I love on line shopping too and also looking out the window at the goings on. Mostly we see hummingbirds and regular birds. Always get excited when we see something different and cardinals. Once in a while a dog goes through. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!