Sunday, September 22, 2019

September Stitches

Yes, I'm still stitching on my snowmen, but not as quickly as I had planned.  I'ml on track to finish before winter, so that's a good thing.

I tend to spend too much time watching what you all are doing on Instagram and Blogger, when I should  be stitching my own things.  Anyone else guilty?  Instagram really has a hold on me these days... there is just so much pretty there.

Thanks to YouTube, I learned how to do the required stitches for my borders.

I learned the herringbone stitch and the Cretan stitch.  Both were very easy to learn, just not something I had done before.   Don't inspect too closely, because there are a few places where my needle came up on the wrong side of the thread.  

I'm still reading (too much).  I try to go to the local thrift store that sells .10 cent books every week and I'm bringing in more that I'll probably ever read.  But I'm a sucker for books and keep thinking I will be set for winter, should something happen that I can't get out of the house like I want.

I picked up "another" Amish recipe book last week for ten cents and I've enjoyed reading the recipes.  There are a couple I want to try and wanted to share this one, to see if anyone has ever eaten this:

Chicken Pudding!(click to enlarge photo)  This just sounds yummy to me.  For years, I have had a taste for something that I think I ate somewhere a long time ago.  I can never pull it directly to mind, as to what exactly it was that I ate, but this may be similar.  I mean, it's chicken and gravy... it's got to be good, right???  I will let you know! 

 Edited * 



The chicken pudding was "ok".... you definitely need lots of gravy.  My homemade gravy tasted kind of bland.  If I were to make it again, I would buy the gravy mixes from the grocery store, since they have more flavor.  The men liked it, so I guess it was ok.




15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice red work. It's amazing what we can learn on youtube. Chicken pudding does sound good. Let us know if you make it when you return from your far away vacation. It's nice that you can be around your Dad now. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery is beautiful! I do love Instagram...too much....I ended up setting up a "limit" on my time there. After I've been on for 30 minutes, a notice pops up and I try to stay off it for the rest of the day.....I try.... :)

    Thank you for sharing your love of books and your cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have turned to YouTube to learn new stitches when needed, as well. :)
    I love finding books at thrift stores--like a treasure hunt. And I have a couple of Mennonite cookbooks that are really good. Haven't had chicken pudding, though.
    Sounds like you need to take your Dad's comments with a grain of salt (and armor around your heart). I have known people like that and wondered what made them become like that, but my Dad was one of the kindest people I have ever known. My FIL probably leaned more in the direction of your Dad, and I often just had to bite my tongue around him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red stitching and some day I am going to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty red work stitcheries, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl I'm grinning. I know it's got to be frustrating at times.
    Hugs,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you are busy! Love the redwork you are doing and the fun new stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your stitchery. My dad used to make random comments, like he had no filter. Just try to let it go in one ear and out the other. God loves you just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog, and read a couple post. I really have enjoyint them and your stitcheries. You do a great job. I would love to try the chicken pudding - never have I heard of that before. I did just watch Brenda's cooking too. Thanks for introducing me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vintage looking snowman blocks caught my interest. I just ordered the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your project looks cute. I am staying away from Instagram, have never tried it, since I would probably like it too much. Only so many hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitches are very pretty Penny! You do a great job. What did we ever do before You tube? Haha

    The thing I love on Instagram are the Instastories. I love to listen to them while walking or cooking, or cleaning.

    I'm still working on the green and blue quilt, but getting into the "short rows". Can't wait to start on the little girl's unicorn quilt.

    So glad today is cooler!

    Debbie J.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may have to remake that pattern, I'm loving yours so much - I just made the four blocks. I'm reading too much as well, our library has a free book cart, and I usually pick up 3-4 books at a time. I think winter will be worse, lol - I'll want to snuggle up on the couch and read! Chicken pudding, hmmmmm....it sounds questionable to me, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!