Saturday, November 28, 2009

Come Christmas!


Thanksgiving was great! Three hours to our parents' homes, eat, and eat again, and three hours back to our home. Six hours on the road and one speeding ticket later, we are back home and ready to think about Christmas. I hope to spend this weekend pulling down the fall decorations and bringing out the Christmas ones... can you believe it's already here again? This is a photo of my kids, their spouses, and a cousin having Thanksgiving dinner together. It's always fun listening to the laughter at their table... something is always funny. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have fun with your Christmas preparations!

8 comments:

  1. A great looking bunch of kids you've got there PenPen!

    My stepson got a speeding ticket last night too! :o(

    I'm so busy this 4 day weekend trying to get everything into order, work on quilts, work in the yard..... it never ends!

    I bet you are way more organized than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the holidays with my adult kids, the "remember when" stories and the traditions re: food (ya know, the certain dishes/pies you only make on the holidays!).
    Hope you had a great time, despite the ticket...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fun day... loved all of it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the traveling did me in this time. I have big plans for next Thanksgiving! So sorry to hear about the speeding ticket though. Hope you have fun decorating, that's what I'm doing this weekend.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving (minus the ticket)....have fun with your Christmas decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas pictures! It will probably take me most of the week to get things ready for our Christmas decorations. I have to move furniture to make room for the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Penney,
    Nice pictures. I enjoyed Dave's children. They had a good time telling old stories.
    Happy Thanksgivings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking family! Didja know laughter is jogging on the insides??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!