Friday, November 16, 2007

What is happening here?


Last night when I came home from work, I came inside to "check" the house to see if the lady who cleans for me had been. I wasn't sure at first, because the kitchen was a mess, and so was the livingroom. I asked my family if she had been and they replied yes, and couldn't I tell? They had cooked pizza for supper, left the mess in the kitchen, and had left many of their belongings all over the livingroom. My husband and I then had a conversation about whether or not I should continue with the housecleaning service, as it is often hard to tell if she has been or not! Plus, my kids put up notes on their bedroom doors before she arrives , telling her not to clean their rooms because they don't want to "straighten" them up before she arrives. Who knows if I'm getting my money's worth or not??? After awhile of discussing this , my eyes were itching and burning, so I gave up and went to bed.
I dreamed last night that when I got home from work, there was a 98 year old lady on our lawnmower, buzzing away and mowing our grass. When I looked closely, I realized she was one of my patients from the nursing home. I was very puzzled and wondered if my camera was charged so I could take a picture of that for my blog. I went inside the house to find another one of my old lady patients unloading my dishwasher! Inside the dishwasher was wet boxes of spaghetti, four of them, on the top rack. When I questioned her as to why she had washed boxes of spaghetti, she didn't understand what the big deal was and why I would be questioning her. I worked my way through my junky house to find my husband relaxing in his chair. He informed me that these ladies had moved into our house without our knowledge and that they were going around our neighborhood telling everyone what a poor housekeeper I am.
I was so upset and could not figure out how to get these old ladies back to the nursing home. Everyone thought it was great that I had taken them in and was caring for them.
I don't remember anymore about my dream, but I woke up this morning with pink eye and a sore throat. Thankfully, we still have antibiotic drops from the last eye infection that we had around here. I did manage to clean my kitchen very well and straighten the livingroom this morning.
Does anyone care to interpret my dream for me?

6 comments:

  1. What a dream!! I'm not sure what it means...but it sounds very vivid!! Since I had Goose, most of my dreams involve me being worried about him or me dreaming that I got up to feed him or change him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny...that was some dream...sure hope you're able to figure out what it means!

    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will interpet..LOL can't even spell it..

    The old lady on the lawnmower is MIL... The old lady who washed the spaghetti is me...You were so kind to take us in...LOL

    The boxes of spaghetti represent your dad's shopping trip to the grocery yesterday. He decided a pot of dry butter beans would be good for supper and I agreed. When he got home he told me he had bought two bags and wanted me to cook both bags. I told him one would be enough. When I finally looked he had bought 2 pound bags. I always buy a 1 pound bag for us. He wanted me to cook 4 pounds of beans for 2 people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your pink eye and sore throat...

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dream is too funny! I think it means that you need to keep the cleaning lady and you were sort of delirious because of getting sick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know how to intepret...but don't give up the cleaning lady. Everyone always swears they will help but DON"T. If she cleans the bathrooms, it is worth it. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!