Friday, June 1, 2018

June 1

How is it even possible that June 1 is already here?

 I was sad that Christmas 2017 was over and it's almost time for another one!! .

It's hot in eastern NC, with lots of rain so far this year.  I've actually enjoyed the rain because we planted a new tree and some new perennials, which has meant less watering from me.  I think most people are getting tired of all the rain and I've seen some horrible flooding on the news, some in my own state at my beloved Biltmore Village. 

I am now wrapping my thimble disk with duct tape

I'm still big stitch quilting on my flower garden quilt.  It's been a fun process, as there isn't much pressure to be perfect with these type of stitches.  I've moved my project from chair to chair, hoop to hoop, and room to room.... trying to find the perfect spot to quilt.  I finally found it last night when my husband offered me his Lazy Boy recliner. Yep!  my new quilting chair....the sweet spot.... I guess I need to buy my own lazy boy. 


So my daddy found himself a new dog.  Doesn't she look sweet?  Well she is a puppy and wilder than any puppy we've ever had before.  She has been very challenging for him, so much so that he asked me to find her a new home.  I "advertised" her on facebook, but there were no takers.  LOL  She must have realized what was going on, because she actually calmed down a bit over the past few days.  I don't think he really wanted to rehome her anyway, so we are hoping things will work out with his new love.


This picture is too cute not to share.  Annabelle loves her chickens.  She pets them, holds them, feeds them, and keeps a good eye on them.  She is definitely her mama's child.  I hope to visit them soon... it's difficult for me only getting to see her a few times a year.  I haven't seen her "in person" since before Christmas.... sniff sniff.  Does anyone else let their dogs keep them from traveling?  I know it's crazy, but I worry about them so much if I'm not here with them, especially now that they are older and need daily medication.  The things we get ourselves into..... ha!


We attended the annual family reunion on my dad's side of the family.  This is me and my sister in laws.  We decided we had not had a picture made together in over 20 years.... shame on us!

Hubby and I have been low carbing since Easter.  I had lost 10 pounds and was never hungry, which was a great thing.  But I got sick of eating that way.... this week I've had pizza, cake, and bread.... all I wanted.  And I've been hungry hungry hungry!  I guess we get back on the low carb kick next week.

Joy joy.... Until next time!

17 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos of you today!
    Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is insanely humid here now which makes the temps feel much hotter than it really is. I have been doing a lot of deep cleaning and getting rid of stuff, so the rainy weather has been a bonus!
    The pictures are wonderful, especially the chicken picture. I only get to see our granddaughter a few times a year too. It is hard, but when TheHub retires I think we are going to try and find a small apartment near them so we will have a place to stay and have some protracted visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I hope you can keep the pup. Such a sweety. Lovely pics.
    I really like the quilt you are working on.
    Hope the rain doesn't ruin anything around you. I have heard there is a lot of flooding south.
    Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! I think he's planning to keep the pup now. 😊

      Delete
  4. It is so nice that you have a hobby.
    Maybe being in a new place the puppy was just excited. Our son's new puppy is so good at their house yet when we had her last Saturday she was terrible. She peed outside like every 15 minutes and then she also peed inside right after she came in. Later when my son and DIL came to pick her up she went right into the kennel and fell asleep. She was exhausted! That picture of Annabelle is adorable. Sweet photo of you and your sister in laws. We have done a low carb two times and we love the diet. It is pretty easy. You know on the pizza you can just eat the toppings! You can do it. Right now it isn't working for me and I don't know why. I've always lost at least 50 pounds each time I've done it. I actually enjoy not eating carbs, it's really healthy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are moving along on quilting the vintage top. I used to have a bunch of vintage quilt tops but sold them all before a major move. And I have never invested in any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures of you! I hope the dog worka out. Looking forward to seeing your quilt finished. That is always so rewarding when they are finished. I also can't believe that June is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Penny... your gfg quilting is looking soooo great! Maybe a Lazy Boy is in your future... or check on craigslist or swap shops on facebook... sometimes deals are available there too! :) Good luck finding a nice chair for your quilting though friend!
    Hope things do work out for your dad and his pup... and yes... our pup keeps us home more than away as she is a terrible traveler!
    Glad you got a photo with your sis in laws...Nice shot of the 3 of you too... good luck jumping back on the no carbs wagon.. it does get old but when you do get successful and get off for a change be glad you enjoyed being off it this week... will make getting back to low carbs easier.. read labels and websites too for aids in getting things you are missing sort of... by finding similar substitutes :)
    Have a blessed weekend! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings to you from Kansas! Enjoyed your post today. I was just thinking about how fast this year is going and that I will start Christmas shopping in July. Soon.
    All the best,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photo of your granddaughter is just adorable- it should be in one of those Country magazines ❤️
    Our current dog has been boarded twice. Our town has several excellent kennel type businesses and the one we use is much better than I ever imagined. Have you checked your area? You might be surprised.
    I know just what you mean about low carb and not being being hungry. But I still don’t like eating that way as I don’t really love meat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love your stitching on that quilt! Glad you found the perfect chair, but hubby giving up his recliner - wow what a keeper. Love the pic of you with your dad's puppy, they really are so much work, I pray it calms down for him....don't think I could handle another puppy myself! That pic of Annabelle is too darling for words, I agree it should be in a country living magazine!!! Great pic of you and your sis-in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, you look so good Penny! Gorgeous! I really believe low carb is the way to go and that's what I strive for most of the time. I'll pretend I didn't just have a moose tracks ice cream in a waffle cone!!!!! It sure was good. Back to the low carb tomorrow.

    I love your big stitch quilting. It will be a treasure. Yes, you might just need a lazy boy for your very own.

    Love the picture of your granddaughter. Much too cute not to share!

    Maybe the new dog will end up being the best dog ever.......

    Great picture of you with the dog and also with the sisters in law.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely your quilting is! The dog sure is cute to but mostly I Love Annabelle and her chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that sweet pup is able to stay with you all. I too worry about my dog (and my cats) so much so that I pay people to come and house sit with them when I have to be gone on vacation. It gets expensive! Thank goodness we have family that will be staying here while we are gone for 10 days in October!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your quiltingnstitch is so perfect! Love all the pictures. Please no whining about your granddaughter being so far away in another state—mine live in HongKong, on the other side of the planet! 17 hour flight out of Dallas, and we have to fly to Dallas first. So we don’t see them in person often either. So I get how you feel. Good thing we have What’s App! And I also understand not wanting to travel because of the pets. We have 2 cats, and actually set our security camera by their food so we can watch them a few times a day when they eat. If we ever have a burglar we’ll certainly be able to identify his feet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your quilting stitch is so perfect! Love all the pictures. Please no whining about your granddaughter being so far away in another state—mine live in HongKong, on the other side of the planet! 17 hour flight out of Dallas, and we have to fly to Dallas first. So we don’t see them in person often either. So I get how you feel. Good thing we have What’s App! And I also understand not wanting to travel because of the pets. We have 2 cats, and actually set our security camera by their food so we can watch them a few times a day when they eat. If we ever have a burglar we’ll certainly be able to identify his feet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so envious of people who know how to quilt. I've always wanted to learn how to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!