I was tagged by Debbie J. from Homemaking Dreams to list eight random things about me. I thought about this off and on while at work today, and decided I am a very boring person. But here goes:
1. I am the youngest child and the only girl of three children. My two older brothers say I was spoiled while growing up. I don't agree.
2. I have lived in Eastern NC, Western NC, and now in Central NC. I currently live two miles from the king of Nascar: Richard Petty.
3. I have very blue eyes. When I was a small child, I had a fleck of metal get into one of my eyes. We had to take a trip to the eye doctor to have it removed. It scarred the edge my eye and if you look very closely, there is a small section of "blue" missing.
3. My favorite job ever was working in the school cafeteria when I was in high school. I was the cashier who collected everyone's money when they came through the lunch line.
4. I always dreamed of being a teacher when I grew up. I played school all the time when I was a kid. When it came time to go to college, I didn't think a four year college was an option for me financially, so I went along with my friends to a two year college for nursing. They flunked out and I was the only one who made it through nursing school at that time. I sometimes still dream of being a teacher. Nursing has been a good career, but I sometimes feel the joke was on me!
5. When I was in the seventh grade, my teacher taught me to make yo yo's for a yo yo quilt. The quilt bug bit me then, and I've been sick with it ever since. I dream of the day that I can really concentrate on sewing and make all those wonderful quilts that I now dream about!
6. Governor Easley's brother was my OB/gyn and I also used to assist him at work with circumcisions. So, I "almost" know the governor. ha ha
7. I burned my foot one time when I was in nursing school. I was trying to take a roast out of the oven while talking on the telephone. I spilled the hot roast on my left foot and suffered a serious burn. I remember taking care of patients while my own foot was bandaged up with no shoe on it!
8. I have always been a nail biter. I have broken two teeth in the past year from nail biting. I decided I could go through the rest of my life paying the dentist to fix my teeth or I could get acrylic nails that I could not chew through. For the past six months or so, I've been going to the nail salon every two weeks to have short acrylic nails redone. I'm the only person I know who wears really short acrylic nails!
I don't really know who to tag, but let me know if you participate, so I can read all about YOU!