Thursday, November 26, 2015

Life is STILL good.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

A lot has changed since my mom passed away in July.  Hubby and I packed up the house and moved the 3 hours away to be near my dad.  (and other family) 

We both got new jobs and we both love our jobs!  My new job is so much more relaxed than my nursing home job.  I have decided that nursing home jobs are the hardest....those people work hard!!

Daddy is doing well and we are happy that we are all together again.  We are living 7 miles from him and I see him almost every day.  He misses Mama a lot, but he is adapting well to life without her.  My heart is so full.

The grandbabies are growing up:

Chandler(3) Avery (5) Brinley (1)

 
I miss being able to see them anytime I want, but so far, we have all done well with the transition.  We are still traveling back and forth to get our home ready to sell, and we are  visiting regularly. 


Annabelle
Annabelle is 8 months old now (this pic is older).  Her mom sent me a message that she stood and took three steps yesterday towards her daddy.  She is a strong little girl and has been moving along for awhile now.  She's really growing up so quickly!


A more recent photo of Annabelle


I lost one of my 'best friends' shortly after my mama died.  This is my Gene Gene:

Gene and Butterbean

 
Gene was one of my special friends from the nursing home where I worked for almost 12 years.  We bonded right away after he was admitted years ago and he was like family to me.  He loved my doggies, especially Butterbean.  He called Butterbean 'MY dog'. 

Heaven got a whole LOT sweeter for me this year:  I have my Mama and my Gene Gene waiting for me there. 

On this Thanksgiving 2015, I am still very thankful.... we have so much to be thankful for.  One of the greatest things on my heart today is being thankful ..... not only did my parents care about my earthly life, but they have always cared about my SOUL.  Loving my life here, but longing for Heaven....

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. This is a very sweet post Penny! Loved seeing the pictures of your sweet grands. Wow, they aren't little any more. I feel your loss with your Mom and your nursing home friend. Here's a cyber hug!

    I totally agree about the nurses at the nursing homes. They work so hard and have to deal with a lot. My only experience with nursing homes was the time Mama spent there and that was more than enough for me. I'm glad you and your hubby are loving your jobs. Having a job you like means a lot.

    Happy Thanksgiving Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for keeping me informed. Your grandchildren are adorable. How sweet of you to move closer to your dad. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. You sounds like you are very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to stop by and say "thank you" for visiting me and commenting. I'm so sorry about your loss of your Mama and one of your best friends. So glad you have that blessed assurance that they're in heaven and you'll get to see them again some day!!! Look at the "it's not odd, it's God" thing that there are 3 Deb's commenting on your post!!! God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandchildren are beautiful. I was so sorry to come and read about your sweet Mother. I know that is so hard. The reason I started my blog was for my Mother too. I haven't been on in a while but am considering starting it up again. Again, I am so sorry about your sweet mom and your friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!