Friday, March 28, 2014

Waiting for Brinley Kate

It's almost time!

 
Grandma has finished our first baby girl grandbaby's quilt.  I bought this quilt kit at least five years ago, as a birthday gift for myself, while visiting a quilt shop during our beach vacation.  (maybe 6 years ago?)  I had promised myself I would make this quilt for my first grandchild.  Well, he is 4 years old now and he is a boy.  The next grandchild is almost 2 years old and he is also a boy.  This quilt looks a little too girly to give to a little boy.  (just because the kit had so much pink and lavender in it)


I'm not crazy about those face 'puffs' on the back side of the quilt, but I really didn't want to quilt through the faces on the front.   I am hoping after a few washes, the puffs won't be so visible.


This is the first quilt back I've made, incorporating a block from the front design.  I really like it.  :)


I didn't have her quilt finished in time for her baby shower, but she received LOTS of pretty outfits at her shower.  She is going to be a living baby doll for us to play with and change her many pretty outfits.   Don't you just love this shower invitation?  Her Nana made these and I cannot bear to throw it away.  I have it hanging in my sewing room now. 

So, Brinley's mommy saw the doctor yesterday and there are definite signs that Miss Brinley will be here soon.  Hopefully, we will meet her in the next 2-3 weeks.  We already love her!!

7 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! The quilt is lovely and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt for Brinley is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!

    Isn't waiting for a new Grandchild exciting? Of course I only have the one so far and I've been told he is ONLY one I'll be getting for a few years but that just means I get to fully enjoy him before the other kids have some. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet quilt for a little girl with a sweet name! I love the invitation too. We find out the gender of our 2nd 2014 baby tomorrow. I'll let you know. 4 boys so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab name! I will pray tonight for her & her Mama :)

    Well it looks like now the Quilt will be a birthday gift for the 2nd time :) Lotsta love there Penny! All the time poured into such a special gift! You are truly amazing Penny! Can't wait to meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Brinley's name! So pretty! I know you all can't wait for her to get here. The quilt is beautiful! Something she can treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the invitation! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!