Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 * Happy New Year * 2013

It's been over a month since my last post, mainly because I didn't have anything to 'brag' about. :))

We had a great Christmas and a very happy new year (watching the ball drop from our couch) and 2013 is here. Of course, I have goals and resolutions, but I am not brave enough to post them. I'll keep them to myself, because we all know how resolutions go...


Underground Railroad Quilt
 
Since it is 2013, I will share my almost completed quilt top that I started last year this time.  (I have since added the border, not seen in this photo) This was definitely an on again, off again project, using Eleanor Burn's pattern for "The Underground Railroad".  Her instructions are so easy to follow and I may use a few of these blocks again one day in a different project. 
 
I'm excited to have this quilt top finished and hope to finish up another one that is on my 'to do' list, before I start something new.  Yes, I already have the fabric for the 'something new' project.  :))
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and here's looking forward to a very happy New Year for all of us!

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking of how those under ground quilt blocks would make great "barn" quilt blocks... I love the "stick to it ness" that you have..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt! I bought that book, but I've never made any of the blocks. I think you've just inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you Penny! Your quilt top turned out great. I see some blocks in there I'd like to make. I also see the Jacob's Ladder one that I made the quilt from.

    I bet you will keep your new years resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt top is so inspiring to me! I am trying to challenge myself to a block a week this year and make something nice like yours. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!