Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 *goals*

Ready or not, here comes 2012.  I think I'm ready!  I am looking forward to a new year, a clean slate, and new adventures ahead.  I am so thankful that my hubby has moved back home for good (job related) and we are putting life back together again. 

My goals are simple and reasonable this year:

1. Finish some UFO's in the sewing room!!  I have only one new project in mind to start this year.  More about that later.   Here's a work in progress that I hope will be my first completed project of 2012.

Do you remember all those swap blocks I had from the late 80's and early 90's?  These four I had already set together in the blue fabric a loooong time ago.  I brought it out the other day and added a border , appliqued the center flower, and plan to bind it the same red used in the flower.  This should be a quick finish and I will hang it above my loveseat in the livingroom. 

Livingroom.... That's a big part of my 2012 goals.  With hubby moving back in and all the kids moved out, my house is a mess and very 'undecorated'.  I plan to make my house 'my own' in 2012.  I'm looking forward to a little redecorating. 

I will continue with the Block Swap Adventure group.  This is my December block made by Samantha:

Again, forgive my photography ability; as this picture does not do this block justice.  This is a very very pretty and colorful block.. a perfect addition to the others I have received so far. 

2. We hope to find a church home this year.  Sadly, our church 'fell apart' back in the spring of 2011 and it has been a sad year, as far as church and Christian fellowship goes.  I never thought we would be here again, but we are looking for a new church.  I've done a lot of praying and I know God will lead us to the right church soon.

3. And my other goal is to spend more time with my grandchildren.... yes grandchild'ren'.  Avery is going to have a little brother or sister sometime in July.  We are very excited and I hope to have some fun 'grandma' days.  As a matter of fact, today is a Grandma day with Avery, so I need to get moving.

I hope you all are looking forward to the new year and I hope 2012 brings us all many wonderful memories!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I know you are excited.

    I love the Quilt. It will be a beautiful wall hanging.

    Your 2012 is already sounding good. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some great goals for the new year and that 2012 will be an exciting and fulfilling year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new addition of another grandchild. So happy for all of you! Happy New Year to you and your family. Sounds like you have some awesome goals for 2012. I am looking forward to a new year also. I have a lot of goals I'd like to accomplish as well. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new baby that is coming! Hope you reach all your goals. I can't even begin to think of goals for next year.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty block you got from your partner. It looks very complex.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!