Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baby, it's hot outside!

Eastern NC is having a heat wave and boy, is it hot! I've been in and out of the car for two days, running errands, and the heat is unbearable. I cannot imagine NOT having an air conditioner during this time. The a/c seems to be working overtime, but it's doing a fine job cooling our little apartment.

I started back to work last week. Everything went well and most everyone seemed glad that I was back. After having not worked for almost two months, it was a big adjustment, having to set the alarm clock and actually leave the house every morning. But I made it through my first week and look forward to being with so many of my friends again.

I am working Monday thru Thursday, which gives me a three day weekend every week. (my new position doesn't require me to work weekends) Other than not having to work at all, what more can one ask for? Right? Coming to the apartment on Thursday night was almost like taking a little vacation. If the gas prices would only come down, I think this living arrangment will be okay for awhile.

For those of you interested in seeing a few of my son and daughter in law's wedding pic's, go here: http://thebabysitterslove.blogspot.com/ I'm the mother in the blue dress. Babysitter's Love is my daughter in law's blog page and I always look forward to reading her posts. Please check her out if you have time.

Hubby and I will be heading back to our real home this afternoon. From there I have to get busy, as we have homecoming at church tomorrow. I posted about homecoming once before and was surprised at the number of people who had never heard of a church homecoming. I guess it's a southern thing. Everyone will cook and bring several dishes and dessert to church tomorrow. Friends, family, and former members are invited to share in our meal after church. We will have a guest speaker, which is usually a former pastor from the church. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

I hope you guys are staying cool and enjoying this "spring" time weather!

7 comments:

  1. Even your dad is sitting on the couch under the air conditioning this afternoon. Have fun tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding pics are beautiful. They look like a couple in love! I wish them many happinesses.

    I can't believe a church homecoming is foreign to some! Hope you guys have fun and enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I don't like the heat ! I hope you stay cool inside! Your job sounds perfect for you - 3 day week-ends are great - one day to clean,one day to play and one day to pray!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. pen pen,
    Oh my, back to work, that is scary. But I like the hours, so you can stay there if you want to. I remember you used to have to work weekends, Not the most fun. Three days off in a row is a very good thing.
    Plenty warm here too, but you have me beat on that temp thing.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA!!!! I have another reader!!!!! I'm up to 3 now!!! Thanks for stoping by!!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new work hours! Yes it IS VERY HOT!!! Can't wait to look at the pictures of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were a beautiful mother of the groom! I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!