Friday, June 29, 2007

B is for basket!




For lack of having anything to post today, I thought I would show you some of my baskets. About 10 years ago, I had a good friend who was an expert basket maker, who invited me to take a few classes with her. I made the basket on the right, as well as a few others I may post later. It is definitely a little crooked on its edges, but I've always liked the basket. Betty, my basket making friend, made the tiny Noah's Ark basket as a gift for me. I never did get the animals that went with it. I have my collection of state quarters inside the basket. The basket on the other end was made by a basket maker in Western NC. Her business was called Bloomin' Baskets, which I though was a cute name. The candle sits in a piece of NC Seagrove pottery, which is a big collectable for some. The little figurine in the middle is a gift I bought myself because it reminded me so much of my two children when they were younger. The caption reads "Someday We'll Laugh About This" as they have just spilled the milk. It makes me smile everytime I look at it. I'm not too happy with the wreath, but I think I will like it better in my bedroom when I finally redecorate it. I've never been too successful decorating my mantle; nothing looks too good against those bricks to me. Any ideas are welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Hey... I could do a whole week of baskets on just the ones you have made for me. I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the basket that ancient one gave me that you made ---it is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like making quilts isn't your only talent! I have one homemade basket my deceased Aunt and Uncle made. They used to make baskets all the time years ago. That food you made looks great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!