Thursday, April 19, 2007

Quilt Show


My husband and I recently attended a quilt show in Raleigh and I'm posting one of my favorite quilts. I don't remember the story that went along with it, but I think this quilt represented someone's grandparents and their legacy. When I attend quilt shows, I realize how "inadequate" I feel as a quilter, but we all have to start somewhere! I have always loved quilts, even as a young girl, and have always admired anyone who makes them.
I dream of being this talented in my quilt making one day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, What a beautiful quilt! No wonder it was your favorite. It must have been inspiring to be able to stand and see the work up close. I, too love quilts, and would love to have the sort of talent it takes to make one like that. I've only made scrap quilts, but maybe someday I'll try something more complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just breath-taking!! Thanks for showing these! I have only been to one antique quilt-show. That was last summer and it was incredible! Can't wait to see your work!
    Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!