Sunday, August 4, 2019

Still Redworking

I'm still working on the redwork for this little wall hanging.

I'm excited about working on this and hope to start putting it together this coming week.( Even though I still have all those little border stitcheries to trace and stitch.)


I had the house to myself yesterday and it was a lazy Saturday, just perfect for stitching.    I watched youtube video's , as I have finally learned how to watch them from the tv.  

Have any of you ever watched Appalachian Cooking with Brenda?  She is a mountain lady and cooks up some good food in her tiny cluttered kitchen.  She loves cooking and it humbles me to see how happy she is in her little kitchen with one tiny counter   in which to stir up her goodies.  If you want to check her out, here is her link:  Appalachian Cooking with Brenda.



I've been following #stitchingspot  #stitchyspot @ #commonthreadedstitcher on Instagram this week.  People are showing their stitching chairs and I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's favorite place to sew.  Some people really have a nice setup.  This is where I've been stitching this week.  I turned the chair so that I could see tv, and the lamp on my left side is the best position so that I don't get shadows.  My couch is getting too soft and I needed a firmer place to sit.  So far, this has been perfect, until I wear this chair out.  :-))  Wherever I stitch always tends to turn into my little "piggy corner"...  but it's my little world, and I am happy here.

I am linking to Kathy's Quilts for her slow Sunday stitching post.  Check her out to see what others are working on.

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty redwork stitching! It is fun to cook...I am glad you were inspired by this lady; she seems fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your redwork blocks are so cute--love them...thanks for the YT tip will check her out--always in the market for new recipes...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your redwork looks great to me. I enjoy stitching myself. Sometimes I wish I had started this back in my 30's as there is still so much I want to do....but then I was raising a family and not much time to do anything but that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wall hanging is coming along nicely. Thanks for the link to Brenda's Appalachian Cooking. I'm going to heck it out as I like watching cooking channels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun.. love the idea of sharing where you stitch. Looks like a comfy and perfect place to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that redwork. Perfect slow stitching. Meanwhile, wherever I stitch winds up being a bit of a mess what with books, ipad, stitching stuff,etc. all gathering around me. I seem to like to gather it all around me. Thanks for sharing your sweet corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Redwork. Looks like a perfect place to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be great to see your finished project.
    Also thank you for the cooking link. I love watching those videos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your redwork. Are you sure we are not sisters? I end up with little piggy corners too despite my best efforts! I defend it by calling it organized chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your stitching corner Penny! It looks so cozy. I will check out the You Tube Channel and I need to find the person on Instagram too! Your stitchery is really coming along and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny, thanks for sharing your Brenda videos... I will have to listed to several after listening to part of buttermilk pie one :) She seems so sweet and sincere to share!
    I love your stitching corner of the room... hope you enjoy it ... every corner of the rooms I spend time in is a bit "piggy" too! lol I am just that way... I like to be surrounded by stuff I am into :D
    Enjoy the redwork and good luck with finishing up the center of it! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so in love with your red stitching. I haven't seen that woman cook, I don't watch many your tube videos. I do love your stitching area.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is very cute redwork.
    I don't watch much youtube, but I am curious to watch this woman cook in her tiny kitchen. I got a good-sized kitchen when we built our home, so I am spoiled.
    Looks like you have a very comfy place for stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOur work is beautiful! I enjoy watching her videos also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh I stitched that pattern up waaaaaaay back - one of the first redwork patterns I did! I'm talking maybe 2000? And I still love it! Your stitching chair looks so comfy, love your spot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love redwork. Looking forward to seeing it all done! I don't tend to watch you tube but my husband loves them! Not cooking ones mind you he's more into the sci fi stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a comfy looking stitching spot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your stitching corner looks very comfortable and welcoming. Lovely stitching too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!