Tuesday, April 16, 2019

April 2019

Annabelle received her birthday quilt from Grandma last month.

This was a quick little quilt to throw together for her big girl bed.  Click to enlarge photo.

The backing was made from a pretty sheet found at a local thrift store for $1.

Annabelle's favorite part was the label with the cupcake on it.

It's hard to believe that this birthday girl is now 4 years old.  She is such a delight and definitely has her Mama's sense of humor.  She loves to make people laugh.

Another local thrift store has been selling books for .10 cents for the past few weeks.  I am a sucker for a cookbook, and am happy that I bought this one.  It is full of good sounding recipes that are easy to make.... no fancy ingredients required.

I made these muffins today and added the notes after I made them.  They were very easy, not too sweet, and I like that it made a smaller batch than some recipes.  This recipe will be a keeper.  Stayed tuned... I may make  something different soon.

**I'm busy working on the quilt for the next birthday girl for next month!!**





17 comments:

  1. Glad you are back--been missing you! That quilt is gorgeous. You do suh lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely quilt for a big girl's bed ~ what a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those "quick to make" quilts are loved just as much as the ones we slave over. It has a very happy look to it. And that is a real sweet label. :)
    The birthday girl is adorable--expressive eyes!
    I always make notes on my recipes, too. So helpful when I go to make it again, especially if it has been a while since I last made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a lucky little girl. I love the cupcake detail too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old cookbooks too. They seem to have more recipes that have basic ingredients I already have.
    Your quilt is so pretty...a treasure she will always hold dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and lovely gift for a sweet little girl. It is truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt, wish I had time to quilt, wish I could cut a straight line. I am afraid of rotary cutters. I am a sucker for a cook book also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is sweet and pretty, but pales in comparison to the recipient! Such a big girl now. The muffins look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Annabelle's quilt and can't wait to see what is under your needle for the next birthday girl!
    Those muffins sound good and since it makes 5 jumbo ones that is 2 for your hubby and 2 for you and 1 to send to me :D
    Love the label and the quilting you chose for annabelle's quilt btw! Have a great week friend!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is beautiful. What a lucky girl she is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The writing in the cookbook reminds me of my grandmother. I have many of her recipes and she always made notes of changes and likes or dislikes.

    The quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely quilt for a lovely little girl. I am sure she will cherish it forever. Thanks for showing the muffin recipe. They do look yummy plus simple to make, and I also like the small batch since I am alone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to like to purchase cook books. Now there is no one to cook for so I have given most away. Still have a few basic ones. I like the community cookbooks though I wish there were pictures of the dishes that were prepared from the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt that you made is beautiful! I'm sure she will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those quilts!! Oh my what cute grands!!! I am also a sucker for cookbooks!!!! Good to visit! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the quilt! I love that you used the sheet for the backing. Its very special. Annabelle is such a sweetie!

    That recipe looks good. Might have to try it some time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!