Monday, June 25, 2007

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Beemoosie to make a list of Southern things, so here goes:

1. Growing up with ponies! (yes, that is me)

2. Clotheslines

3. Banana Pudding

4. Homecoming at church

5. Tent Revivals

6. Tobacco barns

7. Pinto beans and greens

8. Chicken and Dumplin's (or pastry)

9. Fish stew (or is that a coastal thing?)

10. Saying "Y'all" instead of you all

11. Tobacco fields, corn fields, and cotton fields

12. Catching fireflies (lightning bugs) at night

Now, I'm tagging Ancient One, Sandy's Space, and Debbie J. from Homemaking Dreams. Let's read your list of Southern things.

7 comments:

  1. Ah Penny, I have a feeling you are a TRUE southern belle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my list. That was harder than I thought. I love being Southern though!!

    Thanks Penny, that's the first time I was tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Penny! Sometimes you really have to think about 'southern' things because they come so 'natural' to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PEN PEN,
    My mail today was much nicer then usual, thankyou so so much. I love getting a surprise in the mail. Did you make those little tatted rings? I will use all the little gifts. So nice of you to think of me.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah - you look just like you do now, except you are a wee little girl! I mean you have the same haircut and everything! I remember the days of the pony! I would have to say growing up southern is rather fun! I mean who else would've thought to jump out of a pack house onto a trampoline? Better yet, who had pack houses to jump from? lol People in the South! hah

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this~! I love your blog! Great list!!

    from a westerner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!