Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wedding News


My daughter is officially engaged! Her boyfriend proposed to her this weekend and she said YES. The wedding is at least a year away, but we know nothing about planning weddings. For those of you who have been through this, as the mother of the bride, I'm open for ANY advice. Like I said, we know nothing (I didn't have a church wedding).
More good news.... since she is officially engaged, I shall really start planning how I will decorate my new sewing room! hee hee

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes to the bride (and her mama)! Great news. Here's my advice. Get a three ring binder and tabbed dividers. Start putting everything wedding-related in there! You can divide your notebook up any way that works for y'all. Photographer, dresses, florist, reception, church, music, etc. Punch a hole in all quotes and receipts and everything and file them in the binder. You won't believe how much easier it is to have everything in one place... that's portable, too!I made a phone directory for the front page for frequently called numbers. And a countdown calandar to keep me on task as it got close to time. Enjoy the process... it's such a fun time for the both of you and if you're organized you can relax, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to your daughter! Have fun planning the wedding. No words of advice from me--my two girls are still single and in college. I know you'll both have fun planning this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!