Sunday, February 17, 2019

February 2019

I haven't posted since November!  Where does the time go and how does it move so quickly?

Our grands with their great granddaddy

The kids were here for Christmas.  We had a great time!


I got a new back splash for Christmas.  I love it!!

 It's amazing how much prettier the kitchen looks with the back splash.


Christmas gift to myself... made by a friend of mine.  This hangs in my freshly painted dining room.



Still thrifting..... a $3 pioneer woman jar is now my kitchen night light.

I found this paper towel holder for $5.  Isn't it so cute?  See the price it sold for on ebay… I'm keeping mine.

This little fellow had eye surgery to remove growths that were covering his eyes.  Look at those  new puppy dog eyes!!  (recovery was tough!!)  This old guy turned 12 years old in February.


My sis in law celebrated a big birthday in January.  She had requested a quilt for her 60th birthday.  I bought this kit from Craftsy and put it together for her.

I continue to facetime with this little girl every day.  Oh! how I wish she lived closer!!  I wish all my grandkids were just next door!

Her mommy is a hair dresser and she knows a lot of hair dresser "talk".   She cracks me up when we "play" hair dresser on face time.



And... I'm sewing.  This quilt is being made for Annabelle's 4th birthday, coming up in March.  Her mommy requested it for her new bed.  I'm itching to do some hand stitching, so I'll be happy to finish this and to get away from the sewing machine soon.

Ok, we are up to date..... carry on.  Happy 2019 everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Hi there. Missed you posting.
    LOVE the pictures - everything looks so nice. Such sweet babies. Hope your puppers is doing much better - what a cutey.
    Time flies when your having fun - so that says a lot about your life!
    Look forward to more posts. Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grands are adorable! I would love to be a fly on the wall when those Facetime discussions are happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt for your sister-in-law is gorgeous! Wonderful colors and placement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun post! So glad you got to catch us all up in blog land and you are quilting and happy :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad Pen pen where have you been? So happy to see your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Penny--if not for your comments on my posts, I would have been worried.
    Nice to catch up on your doings. So many fun things here.
    Cute, cute grandkids!
    I love the lighted holiday items on your newly backsplashed counter--and the nightlight. What a cool idea! I can hardly stand to put the last of the white Christmas lights away--I love the cozy glow when night closes in.
    That is a cool paper towel holder! Don't you love thrifting?
    The puppy dog look is soul searching!
    A very happy quilt for your SIL.
    I had to laugh at the curlers--not the cutie wearing them, but just the curlers themselves. Can you believe I slept on curlers that size when I was in high school and college? Straight hair was so in--and that is not what I have. Finally I learned the art of blow drying. LOL
    Enjoy your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you figure out where the time goes would you please let me know so that I can find some too?!? Your precious little ones are growing much too quickly, I know the feeling-- it's my fault, I blinked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed all the pictures. Glad you had a nice Christmas. I love the new back splash. That wreath is so darn cute! The puppy dog eyes look great. Glad that went well. That is a beautiful quilt you made for your sister. Yes I wish she lived closer too. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very good to see you and I enjoyed your update! That backsplash is very nice and happy for puppers too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your pictures! That picture with Granddaddy is priceless!

    Your new backsplash is beautiful. I love anything by Pioneer Woman so I really like how you use this piece for a night light. Very cozy against the backsplash.

    Love all your stuff!

    I love the quilt you made for your sister in law! Yall are so cute.

    Can't believe Annabelle is almost 4! She is adorable with the rollers in her hair.

    You always, always, inspire me! I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I was thinking about you earlier today! I haven't been blogging for a few months, and I'm trying to get ambitious enough to get back to it. Was it hard for you? Looks like you've been leading a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you quilt...I so want to someday. They are beautiful.
    So is your backsplash. So nicely done. When we get something new I just can't stop looking at it! I bet you are the same.
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new back spash is very pretty. I would like something similar but it isn't going to happen. I like your tile as it does not overwhelm and has interest being set on the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh I can't believe it's been so long since I've read blogs, yikes - your little granddaughter is SO DARLING, love those huge curlers, lol! The quilt you made for your sister-in-law is gorgeous. love your new backsplash!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!