Thursday, July 7, 2011

The pretty cheap ones



It has been hot and dry in NC this year. I planted a few plants here and there, but they didn't do very well. The prettiest flowers I have this year are the cheap ones that came out of a seed package. These were supposed to be multicolored zinnias. They are zinnias, but they are all pink! I was amazed at how fast they sprouted and how quickly they bloomed this year. I have more "from seed" zinnias on one end of the house that barely came up and barely bloomed. (I think I've seen three orange flowers ) These are right beside my driveway where I park my car; and they make me smile everytime I see them. :o)

4 comments:

  1. I like zinnias.. those are pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zinnias are one of my very favorite flowers. Most of mine are pink too. There are a few white, red and orange too. I also bought some green ones. Yours are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny! That is what I forgot to do this year! Zinnias arew my FAVORITE! & I forgot to plant some this year! Although I am pretty sure my weeds would give them a fight! I was doing a great job keeping up with those weeds & then we went on vacation for 2 weeks & it rained the whole time we were gone & WOW!!! The thistles! I think I might give up :) So hard to squeeze in weeding time with so many little kiddos!

    Hope you are having a great summer Penny! Thanks for sharing your flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look nice a hardy for being from seeds this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!