Saturday, October 28, 2017

Grandma Took A Trip

Grandma took a short trip to see Annabelle.

Grandma and Annabelle and Percy

Of course, I enjoyed seeing Mommy and Daddy too.

A minion, a mouse, and a daddy

Mommy has Halloween on the brain and was planning their Trunk or Treating  trips at local churches.  I would have loved to have stayed through Tuesday to see Annabelle trick or treating.

Annabelle and Bella; Bella keeps the coyotes away

But Grandma needed to get back home.  Papa and Granddaddy (my dad) were on doggie duty.  I didn't worry about the dogs as much as I do when we board them with strangers, but they were on my mind a lot.  BTW, they survived quite well without me.  :-))

Annabelle

I've decided that 11-12 hour drive is too much for this old grandma to do at one time.  I will either learn to fly or I will start breaking my trip to Tennessee  into two driving days.  Halfway from home,  would be in Asheville, NC and I can think of plenty to do there to break up my trip.

Happy to get the wagon ride


We had fun at the pumpkin patch and it's difficult to photograph a two year old.  I have lots of photo's, but only a few where she is actually sitting still.  We bought this little wagon full of pumpkins to take back to Annabelle's house.

Mommy and Annabelle

We had fun at Ms. Lana's farm.  She and her husband live on 300 acres of TN farmland and it was just beautiful.

sweet little goats

She raises TN fainting goats and they were super friendly.  She uses their milk to make delicious smelling soap and gave us a few samples.


Annabelle loved everything about Ms. Lana's farm.


Middle Tennessee is so beautiful!  If I had no ties to NC, I could move there in a heartbeat!  Everything looks like a painting or a photographer's dream.  It's gorgeous there, especially in the Fall.


It was a fun time with Mommy and Annabelle.  I was sad to leave them so far away from Grandma.  Life isn't always the way we had dreamed it will be, but I am thankful.  But I sure do wish they lived closer.

It was the first time I had visited them in their 'new' old store home.  It was amazing to see what they had done already and I was surprised at how roomy it felt inside.  It was a very cozy home and I love that they took an eyesore in the neighborhood and turned it into one of the cutest homes on the street.  I've been asking my daughter to start blogging again, so she can post their old store to  cute home journey.


If you click to enlarge this photo, you will see smoke coming from the tobacco barn.  In eastern NC, that would be good reason to call 911.  In middle TN, this is how they cure tobacco.  It is a common site to see smoke rolling out of old tobacco barns.  It was very interesting to me.


It was a short trip, but a very sweet trip.  Annabelle cried when I left, which made me want to cry too.  She is a fun little girl and even taught this grandma how to dance while I was there!  I had to come back home to rest.   :-))



18 comments:

  1. Wow, such beautiful pictures! I especially love the one of you and Annabelle. Tennessee really is a beautiful place. I love visiting over that way. Glad you had a safe trip and the dogs survived you being gone, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you. Love the pictures. So glad you got to spend time with Annabelle. Glad the dogs did well while you were gone too! I do think you should break the trip up, that's a long time to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the two-year-old and holding still for photos (and needing to rest after the visit). There are many blurry photos among those I took of our granddaughter's visit in Sept.
    You are amazing to have made that 12 hour drive in one day, alone. I get drowsy behind the wheel within an hour or two, and could never drive the 12 hours to our daughter's by myself--not even if I broke it up into two days. :)
    Looks like you had a really good time at the farm. I've only ever seen fainting goats on Youtube videos.
    That looks like beautiful countryside. I have ancestors on both my Mom's and my Dad's sides, but I have never been there myself.
    Would love to see the conversion job on your daughter's home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to be a grand ma. I love it. She is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little Annabelle is adorable! It sounds like you had a wonderful visit with the family. 12 hours is a long drive. We just drove out west, and we won't be doing that again any time soon. You sure don't look old enough to be a Grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trip!
    That little one is just precious!
    Beautiful photos too.
    Have a cozy Sunday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little beauty she is!! That is a long trip - breaking it up would make sense. I love TN, such a beautiful state!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandma doesn't look like she should be a Grandma at all!!! Miss Annabelle is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely place to visit and see family. I understand about the traveling part. We went to Oklahoma this week-end. Quick trip. Home now, but will feel the miles come tomorrow. Hope to sleep in and get rested for a busy week. Love my family...still traveling hits me hard. All the best!
    d

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a nice trip Penny! I admire that you drive there by yourself and I know your April loved seeing you! I love this time of year and it looks like Tenn. is an amazing place to travel in the fall.

    Love all the pictures of the Grand baby! I agree its hard to get pictures of a 2 year old. I usually get more of their back than their fronts.

    Yes, stopping in Asheville sounds like a plan to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had lots and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, ok...I may have to start my blog back up and tell of the highs and lows of remodeling an old gas station! Loved having you visit!! -April

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, ok...I may have to start my blog back up and tell of the highs and lows of remodeling an old gas station! Loved having you visit!! -April

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you were able to go and spend some time with Annabelle and her parents too. ;) It looks like you were able to get lots of fun and lovies in. I hear you about the long drives. About 5 hours at a time is all I can handle these days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that wagon full of pumpkins and a grandchild.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!