I am definitely an 'under' achiever with my quilting goals, but I have managed to finally finish my Underground Railroad quilt sampler.
This picture was taken in a hurry with assistance from an impatient husband. The sunshine is washing out the lower portion of the quilt in the photo. I bought the fabric 2-3 years ago, using Christmas money given to me as a gift. I very slowly worked my way through Eleanor Burn's Underground Railroad pattern book. By the time I was finished with the blocks, I was pretty bored with the color of the fabrics (attempting to use Civil War type fabric colors). I decided on the black and red to make the blocks pop a little more and then chose the blue border because I wanted the quilt to look happier than it was looking at the time. ;)
The backing and binding were made from several yards of fabric that I found at Goodwill somewhere along the way. I think I paid $2 for approx. 6 yards of fabric.
Of course, it is all machine quilted. I saved the quilting for the black sashing for last and debated on whether to even meander stitch on them. Well, I did it, but not sure I would do that again... especially with contrasting thread colors. On a happy note, I straight stitched 'in the ditch' the entire quilt before I started any free motion stippling. This is the first quilt that I have machine quilted that didn't have a huge pucker or fold on the back somewhere.
This quilt now belongs to my husband because he claimed it right from the start. He loved the colors and still loved the colors when I was done. Those must be 'man' colors. I'm happy it's finished, because it just feels good to mark an unfinished project off the list!
And I threw this picture in for the grandkids. Hoping that they will one day enjoy reading my blog, I wanted to throw in something that is sure to make them giggle one day. These brothers are so much fun and it's cute to see Chandler growing into the little brother than can now 'play' with big brother, Avery.