Saturday, July 28, 2012

Showing Off (thrift store)


I found this afghan a couple months ago at Goodwill.  $4....yes, $4.  It looks brand new, except for whoever put it together, had put it together with sewing thread.  The sewing thread was coming out and several of the blocks were separating.  Easy fix for me....a $2 skein of yarn and a needle.... and look!




Isn't the detail pretty?  I don't know how to crochet, so I am really pleased to own this little blanket.  I love the colors and now that it is repaired and washed, I will use it in my guest bedroom....far away from my fur babies!  


6 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pattern! I have learned crochet these last few years, it's been much easier to accomplish with my schedule! So sweet of you to save someone's hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Penny! You did a great job of putting it back together too. I love finding treasure at thrift stores. Need to start going more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a GREAT find!! It looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely! I love the color combination. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!