Sunday, August 14, 2011

Treasures

I may have shown you this in the past, but this is a 50 cents TREASURE that I bought at a yard sale given by a nursing home in eastern NC over 15 years ago.  I was so surprised when the lady said 50 cents... I quickly bought it and rushed the children back to the car, as I was afraid the lady would change her mind.  :o)                                                                                                                                                                    

Here is a peek inside the treasure basket.  If you click on the picture to enlarge, you will see an old A&P needle card; (needles, threader, etc. still intact), a tatting shuttle with a row of lace attached, some old wooden spools, some embroidery work, etc.  I have added my grandmother's old patterns into the treasure box.  I love this box!!!

This is one of my all time favorites!  I hand pieced this miniature bow tie quilt back when I was a lot younger and much more ambitious than I am now.   Each block measures approximately 3 inches square.  I hope you are enjoying my treasures as much as I am... I am slowly getting my quilting  motivation back!! 

**ps** I am having a horrible time posting on blogger now.  I switched to an updated blogging option and I am totally lost.  Hopefully, soon, my daughter will retrain me on how to blog.  :(

6 comments:

  1. Our minds must be stuck on treasures... I explained some more of the picture I posted in my comments...I remember your basket and all the treasures inside...luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying seeing all your treasures. Wow, you got all that for 50 cents. Great deal. A treasure is something you hold on to. Some treasures are only temporary and go back to the thrift store on the next load. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pink basket just like that that I too found at a flea market..only I think mine was like $2..

    Loved going through all the old stuff..I got rid of the basket recently, but kept all the "goodies" ..And your quilt? Darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most wonderful treasures to find! I have found a few like this but it has been awhile.
    Welcome to the Block Swap Adventure group. You are gonna love it!
    Many blessings to you
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sewing box! I've seen some similar ones in pink, but this is the first blue one i've seen. And I LOVE blue! Sorry you are having such a tough time with Blogger. Hope all the issues get resloved soon. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother had a yellow sewing box just like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!