Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thrift Quilt Top


Look what $5 will buy you at Goodwill!! As hubby and I were leaving the store last week, I saw a clear plastic bag sitting near the register, with this quilt top inside, along with lots of fabric scraps. After washing it and battling a few (lots) of cat hairs, I'm ready to work on this thing! Someone has folded and sewn the navy borders to the back of the quilt, as if they turned over the edge to hide the raw edges, without finishing the quilt. I am going to clip the stitches and pull out the edges, which should give another 5-7 inches of navy border around the entire quilt. Someone did a great job piecing this top together and I am thrilled to have rescued it!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow...great find! You have an "eye" for this, huh..?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.... what a find that was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great find. I got a quilt top one time at a yard sale, I haven't did anything to it yet, though. It was the drunken path pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a treasure there Pen! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. You could give it a special name, like, "Treasure Hunt".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a find! Such pretty colors, too. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi PEN PEN,
    That is a good find. What is the matter with people, you have to ask your self. But good for us thrift shoppers.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!