Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Going Coastal!

You can take a girl away from the coast... but that doesn't stop her from wanting to return!! As hubby is drawing "very" close to retirement, we are seriously considering our options and trying to decide where we want to live. All things keep drawing us back homeward... that dream of "a little cottage by the sea" just doesn't leave me.
We drove to Edenton, NC last week, just to browse.... Hubby knows I want to retire in New Bern, NC... but he wanted me to see this little coastal town, too. It is BEAUTIFUL, but it's not "in my blood" like New Bern seems to be. This town is probably just as pretty, if not prettier than New Bern, but it's a little too far away from "civilization" for me. Plus, New Bern is so much closer to the beaches that I love.



So, we think we have made our decision. The next year will be very busy, as we have a lot to prepare for.... but I am sooooo ready to go! I like calling (eastern) North Carolina "home".





6 comments:

  1. Me too... and New Bern is a little closer to me than Edenton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me chills. How exciting to be planning on the awesome place you will retire too. Can't wait to hear more about your choice and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME TOO ME TOO!! Oh oh ME TOO! :o) ..and Lou and Lucy. We are going coastal.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place to love...anything by the sea (or water) is soooo neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get that house packed up and go Penny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi and thank you for your visit to the spoonful blog. We too are looking at coastal areas to move to in the new few years. Baltimore (city) is no place to retire ~ we want warmer weather and water!!
    Have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!