Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Did you find any great "after Christmas" sales? I will have to say that this Christmas cactus was my best bargain this year. I found it on sale a few days after Christmas at Lowe's Home Improvement for 45 cents. I have never had too much of a green thumb, but thought, for 45 cents... it's worth a try. I love a good bargain!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
2009 is here and I ask myself what will I do differently this year? I know of a lot of things I wish would happen this year, but I can only pray about them, as I cannot make them happen without God. So many times I try to "help" God along by making rash decisions, which prove not to be the best thing to do after all. I hope that I can slow down, LISTEN to God, and make the right decisions this year.
In MY ideal world, this is what I want for 2009:
1. My husband and I to live in the same house seven days a week.
2. My daughter to graduate and successfully launch her career as a cosmetologist.
3. To be financially able to work part time, as a NURSE, and not a nurse manager. (not fun)
4. To walk more, to move more.... to get more exercise.
5. To spend more time doing fun things that I enjoy... like sewing, cooking, yard work,
6. To better train my dogs, so that I am not spending so much time cleaning behind them,
saying NO!, and chasing them around.
7. To spend more time thinking about others, and not so much time thinking of myself.
Notice there is nothing there about losing weight.... LOL. Yesterday at work, I heard several girls planning their weight loss strategies during the day. I laughed and told them that I thought I would use "reverse psychology" this year, and say I'm going to see how much weight I CAN gain in 2009, since our weight goals are usually not successful.
What about you? Have you made resolutions? My boss is having us to actually write down a few goals this year.... both professional and personal goals. I've already warned her that she may not like mine, as they may affect her personally. She knows what my 2009 goal is regarding work and promises not to take it personally. Any goals for big changes in your life this year? Happy New Year!