Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day


Happy Independence Day! I hope your day is full of fun and fireworks. One of the things I love about living in my current home is that we see free fireworks from our front yard. We don't even have to fight the traffic! We live a road over from Victory Junction Camp and get free access to their show every year. Also, we have very extravagant neighbors who put on a huge display of fireworks over their little lake just across the road. I love the peaceful feeling of pulling out a chair into the middle of the driveway, in my summer gown, with barefeet on the warm concrete, relaxing in the quiet of the night, without the crowds and noise, sipping coffee, and having my very "own" firework display. I'm looking forward to tonight. Hope you all get to see great fireworks!

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes - fireworks! They were shooting some around our house last night...and the puppy did ok - he looked at me a little confused...then back to sleep he went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the rain did you get to see the fireworks? Here the rain cleared around 8 p.m. and finally, finally in three years I got to see the fireworks. Of course I cried all the way home because Jacob is still away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! It was good catching up with you. Love the quilt. Love the pictures of the hay, too. That's one things I'd like to do, drive a tractor and make hay...maybe someday!

    Take care,
    ~*Kim*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. With no electricity, I'm sure the fireworks were extra spectacular last night, huh?

    We enjoy the rich neighbors on the other end of Emma Cannon's fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see any fireworks this year, but in years past I would rather see the fireworks from a distance than to get in all that crowd, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!