Monday, June 23, 2008

Country Living

These pictures cannot reveal the true beauty of this recently cut hayfield near my home. This field seems to go on and on, but my camera could not get a view of the whole area at once. I love these huge round bales of hay and how pretty they make a landscape look. Believe it or not, there is a pretty blonde lady who is responsible for cutting all this hay. I've seen her in several fields in the area, on her red tractor, working away in these fields, while someone else comes along with the baling machine to finish up. I'm proud of her... I have no idea who she is.
I imagine she is used to hard work and probably doesn't enjoy her work nearly as much as I enjoy seeing her handiwork. This is country living at its finest... true beauty found in what is a necessity and money maker for the farmer, yet such a pretty site for others to enjoy.
By the way, Mom, this field is just a yard or two away from our very famous neighbor. (The King of Nascar)

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures...frame them and hang them in your bathroom. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it is probably his "hay"...LOL Your dad is looking around right now for hay for his goats. He thinks its going to be hard to find. Looks like someone has a lot of it. Your dad wants the second cutting. Do you know how many times the pretty blonde has cut that.. 1st or 2nd cutting? He's waiting for Mark S. to do a second cutting...

    If Matt wasn't surprised, he made us think he was.. he said he thought he was coming to Cameron's birthday party...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pictures! The one on my blog doesn't really show how it really looked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm... Ican almost smell the hay - great summer memory!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!