Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday


It's been a good weekend so far. Thursday night we had dinner with our new neighbor, who was so kind to invite us over. We enjoyed getting to know him and the dinner was wonderful. Isn't it nice to know there are still nice people in the world? Friday I went to my real home and was able to spend a little time with my dear son, who will be getting married soon. I took the doggies with me and I am so very proud of how well they ride in the car. They are great traveling companions. Today I attended a wonderful wedding shower for my son and his soon to be wife. It was a great time and the lovely couple received some very lovely gifts. I traveled back to my "pretend" home tonight and hope to rest up on Sunday, as I start my new job on the night shift Monday night. Yikes! Night shift after working 11 years on day shift!!! I hope I can make it. I used to really enjoy night shift and felt as if I got a lot more done around the house back then. I hope that will be the case again. If you happen to wake up during the night, say a little prayer for me, that I'll be wide awake and doing a good job! This picture was taken last weekend when my children came to our pretend home for the day. The puppies are always glad to see them! My daughter is always happy to see them too.... she still claims to be Butterbean's mommy. I beg to differ... I think I'm his mommy now. Either way, neither dog suffers from lack of love! They are rotten. 'Hope your Saturday was good and that you enjoyed everything you did!

5 comments:

  1. I had fun with you yesterday! I think you and Daddy need to hurry up and find a house with room for me and Troy. *grin* ...annnd if you take a look at the picture on your blog - who is Butterbean snuggled up with? His Mommy - that's who. lol Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PEN PEN,
    Well could anyone be busier then you right now? You have so much going on! I bet by mid summer all will be calm in your world again. I will hope that for you anyway.
    HAPPY WEDDING!!!
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new job! I will probably be awake, if I'm like usual, so will say a prayer. My son works night shift part of the time and I am so surprised at how well he does and that he likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the night shift tonight. Hope all goes well for you. I'm always up in the middle of the night (night owl) so I'll be saying a prayer of encouragement over you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a great weekend! I'm so glad you and sister-in-law came to our shower here too! Love you! Good luck with your new job tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!