Monday, August 20, 2007

Summer Splash


How about a nice summer splash today? It is so hot and it would feel so good to let nature cool us off! This little picture is actually a P. Buckley Moss painting that I saved from her website. I love her work and hope to visit her museum one day. This picture reminds me of when we used to take the kids to the river when they were about that age. We have some good memories from their grandparents' place on the water. They sold their place after a big hurricane came through and caused a lot of damage there. We certainly understood them not wanting to deal with the big mess, but boy, do we miss having a nice place to cool off!

7 comments:

  1. Hey I saw some pictures of Ashley and Will under the bridge. Go stick your feet in that stream that runs through your place... LOL

    Yes, there are some really good memories of Papa and Momma Bobbi's place on the river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just here to say I love all the baskets you made for your mother! They are lovely, & a basket is always sooo handy to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Penny! I love the baskets your Mama's been showing off over there on her blog! You've been holding out on us!! You are quite talented. You should show case some of them on your blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Grandma Addie basket that your mom got you to make for all the siblings one Christmas. I also like P. Buckley Moss--especially the Amish paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PEN PEN,
    No swimming here today, mid 60's, maybe later in the week.
    What baskets?? Did I miss something?
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Penny I just love P Buckley Moss pictures. I have a small one of an ice skating family and I treasure it. Such innocent pictures.

    Hugs - karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks so nice right now--we are having a couple of very hot and humid days! Very rare for my part of the country, so I can't complain.
    Thanks for stopping by the cabin!
    Blessings to you! Claudia O.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!