Monday, June 25, 2007

Close up block


Here is a close up of one block, and you can see that I embroidered a Bible verse reference along each skirt. I have always hoped that April would take the initiative to look up each verse one day.
She will soon get to have this quilt as her own and I'm afraid it won't last very long once I take it out of its plastic cover. You see, when I made this quilt, I did not know how to applique' and more or less taught myself to blanket stitch. I didn't do a very good job and there are plenty of loose stitches. I'm afraid those little dolls will pull right off very easily.
I've been thinking of resewing their edges with a blind stitch to make them more secure. Any advice on this project is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do my best to respond to every comment, but if you are a no reply blogger, I sometimes cannot locate your email. Also Anonymous comments are almost impossible for me to reply. But I do appreciate you stopping by!